Green Spaces for DC cordially invites you to a “Meet + Greet” on Thursday, July 26 from 5:30 to 7:30pm!
We are coming together to celebrate DC’s public parks, gardens and green spaces and the volunteer groups that advocate for them.
Parks and other green spaces are essential the health of our communities. They provide a place to meet neighbors, breathe fresh air, exercise, walk the dog, play with the kids and get a mental break from the urban hustle and bustle.
Join us at the Meet + Greet to:
- Mingle with other advocates for DC green spaces
- Meet some of the volunteer groups supporting DC’s parks and celebrate their accomplishments
- Chat with key park decision-makers from the DC Department of Parks and Recreation, National Park Service, and U.S. Forest Service
- Enter a raffle for some great prizes, courtesy of REI
- Participate in a networking activity (if you want to!)
- Enjoy a tasty beer or glass of wine and some appetizers
Dr. Tamberly Conway will discuss her project to improve the health of DC youth and families by connecting them with urban forests and parks. Dr. Conway is the Partnerships, Diversity and Inclusion Specialist for the U.S. Forest Service Headquarters Conservation Education Program.
This event is being hosted by Green Spaces for DC, a non-profit organization that advocates for DC’s green spaces.
We encourage you to bike or take public transportation, as parking will be limited. The nearest Metro stop is:
- Navy Yard Metro: M Street Entrance - 55 M Street SE (0.4 miles NW)
- Navy Yard Metro: New Jersey Avenue Entrance - 1101 New Jersey Avenue SE (0.4 miles N)
Earth Conservation Corps Pumphouse on the Anacostia River at 1520 First Street SE, across the street from the Nationals Stadium in Diamond Teague Park.
Meet + Greet Raffle
Anyone who makes an online donation will automatically be entered in GSDC's Meet + Greet Raffle for a chance to win the following prizes.
- REI "Big Haul" Duffel
- (valued at $90)
- Gift Certificate to Maple Restaurant (valued at $100), and
- The Joy of Forest Bathing by Melanie Choukas-Bradley (valued at $20).
Tickets are FREE.
Beer and wine - $3.
Come early for appetizers.
We hope to see you!